Saturday 30 June 2012

My first house guest: Yvonne

Yvonne is back.... on a flying visit 1 night only.... she's been on a holiday to the UK and is stopping over in Dubai to visit me!  My first house-guest!  I picked her up on Thursday eve from the airport and took her back there on Friday night!  So Friday was a full day!

First stop Jumeirah Beach.... it is soo hot....I am sweating.... so off to Tim Horton's for breakfast....




Then we go for a drive to the Palm Island, we have a look at Atlantis Hotel...








Then we drive to the other side to see the new and infamous Zaabel Zarai Hotel - absolutely amazing and beautiful - Turkish style...I want to move in!!!









Tourists....



View of the main land from the palm
























And off we drive to the Khor, I saw some Oryx  there before and wanted to share that with Yvonne,  also I wanted to show her the flamingos, but unfortunately, the observatories were closed, so we could only see them from afar.... oh well at least we experienced some nature and wildlife....






Burj Khalifa...







In the evening we went to the Dubai Marina and had dinner at a Persian restaurant.  Basma joined us for a sheisha.  It was a nice farewell.....




Next time hopefully - Yvonne will stay longer...

Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment