Tuesday 24 January 2012

Two days in Friedrichshafen....then off into the sun....

Crazy me - I had only planned two days in Germany before flying off to Spain.  I was so exhausted from this train trip and not feeling too well....Anyhow... my poor mom had to do some quick washing of my clothes and get it dry in time... I repacked my bags and off I go again....escaping the cold -but no snow in Friedrichshafen - only grey and rain.


I have to get up @ 4.00a.m. to catch the train to Memmingen Airport in the Allgaeu (Bavarian Alps close to Munich)... actually it's a train ride then a short bus ride and it is freezing.  However, as soon as the train gets into the Alps there is snow again... and also at the airport. It's about 92 kms.





It is fun to play in the snow..... first time!


I check in - have to take off my belt, my boots, my coat, unpack my laptop.... goodness me...  but they let me through....I am flying Ryanair = no frills airline...  We have to walk onto the tarmac and board the plane - it is freezing!  I get an aisle seat - the first few rows are for priority seated people only.... The plane is pretty full....  Then they are missing 5 passengers, they can not leave until they are found... The pilot announces: if we don't find them soon, we have to stay and defrost the plane... GREAT!


Not sure what happened, but eventually we take off... the flight is about 3.5 hours.  The crew is Spanish and I cannot understand any of their announcements - in English - but fast and not clear.  Then the selling started... 1. food, 2. lottery tickets, 3. newspaper, 4. perfum, 5. phonecards, 6. and... you won't believe it... e-cigarettes! yes- : As this is is a non-smoking flight you can buy a pack of e-cigarettes and smoke that! so clever... I thought I was part of an online shopping channel!  Bizzare... they are not a crew but sales people.. God help us if anything happens on the flight....

Anyhow - interesting flight.. I managed to take some photos upon approaching the Costa Del Sol. It is an amazing view from the plane.....







We keep flying straight out into the see towards Morocco.... mmmhhh... excuse me... I booked to Malaga Spain.... not Morocco...., but then the plane did a loop and turned around for landing... hi hi




I call my dear friend Jenni upon landing in Malaga.... I get outside the airport and the weather is beautiful and warm; sunshine and around 18C - Am loving it!

Jenni and Talal arrive and we have a coffee in the sun. We drive to their beautiful home - have a good catch-up, dinner and an early night.







It is great to see them again!!! It's been 1.5 years since our last get together under very stressful circumstances.... but now it is a happy reunion.  Jenni and Talal have finally retired!  After talking about it for many years... and they are now adjusting and enjoying this stage of their lifes in sunny Spain!

The six of us: Ken & Yvonne, Jenni & Talal, and Hisham and myself were a group of friends back in our Dubai days.... and now... we have all moved on to different parts of the world....

Archive Photos:

And here we are years later visiting each other!....and remembering Hisham (God bless his soul).....

Buenos Noches....

S & D & L

No comments:

Post a Comment