Monday 25 July 2011

Marhaba fi Dubai

Welcome to hot and humid Dubai....

I slept through most of the 14.5 hours flight.  Popped my 'pill' and off I went into lala land.

Arrived in Dubai @ 6.00a.m. and 33C.  As usual I used my female charm to wiggle my way into the country without going through the long queues at passport control - I love it.  I have an expired e-gate card, but pretended not to know and the nice man in charge let me through.

However, I was astonished how quickly I changed back into my 'Dubai character' when a minor issue arose at the car hire counter.  (this is me screaming and shouting over 50Dhs = 12$A)...  but this is the way here... I turn into a monster (I blame the jetlag....)

It is strange being back - somehow I have no attachment to Dubai anymore - now Hisham is gone.... and also my best friend Jenni moved away.  I learnt that places are always about people.  Without the people, places are just places......

Getting used to driving on the wrong side of the road and avoiding crazy Dubai drivers.... 

It's too hot and humid to go outside, but managed to take my friend's dog for a walk at 7am today....until I realized, I have no control over this unleashed dog.  And in horror tried to avoid busy roads, people and especially other dogs.... 


Enough trivia for today... hanging out for my first sheisha.... maybe tonight!!!
Stay save

S&D

No comments:

Post a Comment