Friday 29 July 2011

Yvonne arrives in Dubai for her 1 day stopover....

How quickly my week in Dubai has gone!  The first few days, I did nothing but chat with my friends... then suddenly I panicked, so much to do... and so little time....  the week is over and Yvonne arrives from the UK on her way back to Sydney.  I am her tour guide for the day! 

We had a full day and evening.. no chance for Yvonne to even feel tired.... (however I had a head cold and overdosed on vitamins!!)

1. Wafi shopping mall, modelled after the Egyptian pyramids
2. A detour via the Dubai creek (river that divides Dubai into two parts: Bur Dubai and Deira)
3. Over the bridge to Deira for a birds-eye view from the twin towers over the creek and all the dhows (wooden boats that bring goods from other parts of the world)
4. Dubai Museum, for some history and culture
5. Dubai Mall - largest mall in the world, next to Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower in the world...
6. Drive along Jumeirah Beach,  Yvonne had to test the sea to make sure the water really was as hot as I told her...
7. Jumeirah Beach Hotel, up and up in the glass lift to admire the view of Dubai from above....
8. Quick stop at my girlfriend Rima's place for a cold drink and then off to
9. Reem Al Bawardi, Arabic Restaurant for some yummie food and of course my Sheisha!!!! (this bit is sensored for any CCNSW staff.

I think Yvonne slept well that night... hi hi hi....

No comments:

Post a Comment