Saturday 30 July 2011

Visiting relatives in Abu Dhabi....

It was wonderful to visit Hisham's relatives in Abu Dhabi! It's a 1.5-2hrs drive from Dubai on the highway. Not too much traffic.....

Somehow the time we have to spend together and to catch up is never enough. Ahlam cooked a wonderful feast again .... she is a great cook! I especially love her home made kibbeh...

Budoor and myself decided to go for a quick stroll in the park to digest all the good food.

Then off to visit Mamoun, Rasha and their cute twins (sorry forgot to take photos.... next time)...
The city was getting ready with all the Ramadan lights in the streets (Ramadan starts 1 August 11).  I am sorry I will miss it... I love Ramadan in Dubai - it's a very reflective time and a very social time.


But my journey continues... and I need to get ready and packed for my next leg:  the US of A.....

No comments:

Post a Comment