Sunday 14 August 2011

Canada, here I come....

Michael and friends dropped me off at the Atlanta International Airport @ 2.30p.m.  My flight was @ 4.40pm with Air Canada Jazz (2 hours flight). So here is hoping they are better than Delta!! 

Check-in and customs went well.... had my first body-screen/x-raying done.... you stand in an open cubicle, hands out to the side and DON'T MOVE!  That's it....

I am flying yet again in a little Bombardier - loving it... NOT!  Anyway at least the hostesse is not pregnant this time.  I get a front seat and nobody next to me - wonderful!  It's a beautiful day for flying!


I kept looking out to check whether we are flying over Niagra Falls, but nothing.  It is getting more and more cloudy until we don't see anything at all.  And, it starts raining upon approaching Toronto Airport.






Anyway, to cut a long story short, all goes well, Hamdullilah, it was an uneventful flight!  We arrive in time, I get my luggage and Sarah (sister-inlaw) & little Sarah (niece-inlaw) and Feraz (cousin-inlaw) pick me up from the airport.  Luckily we all still reckognize each other....

They had a flat tyre on they way to the airport, but I was told, that Sarah did not scream or panick and that Feraz very calmly steered the car to the side of the highway....and they had help from a passing Sudanese truckdriver to put the spare on.  So they made it in time and in one piece - Hamdullilah.

Huda (other sister-inlaw) with some help of course, has put together a feast for Iftar (breaking of the fast)!  Yes it is Ramadan, the whole of August.  A few of their friends joined us for Iftar, so we were a nice group of people, and it was a very nice welcome for me!

I made it to Canada... how exciting!!!

S & D

No comments:

Post a Comment