Tuesday 2 August 2011

Pittsburg, Pennsylvania

After an 1 hour flight, we arrived safely @ Pittsburg airport @ 4.20pm.  And, to my surprise, my checked-in suitcase had also arrived!

My brother Michael was waiting for me! Poor thing, anyway, he got an extra day's leave out of it....he had been on a long weekend in Pittsburg to attend a wedding and was staying at a friend's place who has a horse farm. Laura rides at show: show jumping, cross country etc, and is very passionate about the horses.  Her parents are lovely people. All very hospitable and nice.
I was hungry and wanted a healthy meal with vegetables, Chinese or Thai... Michael: what you mean healthy? You are in Amercia.... Great!  His 'garmin' (USA gps brand) found a Chinese place, where we got take-away in the little boxes - just like in the movies!! very exciting...

The countryside in Pennsylvania is beautiful and so green and lush, much like some of the countryside in Germany!
Spot the deer (no that's a horse.. try again)!!! 

The weather was perfect, warm and fresh air!... however I have to get used to Fahrenheit and Miles and Feet and I don't know what?! This does mean nothing to me.....

Had an early night and slept like a baby.....

S&D

No comments:

Post a Comment