Monday 2 April 2012

Dubai: A new Chapter begins....

It is Saturday, 31 March... my last day of freedom....Tomorrow I have to start work.  In a way I was lucky to get this job, as nothing else has eventuated.  I really want to stay in Dubai for a while - not ready yet to return to Australia.

But I have a bad feeling about this job, I did not want to take it, but all my friends insisted I'd take it so I can stay in Dubai. Oh well, we will see....

It is a long drive into the desert, takes me about 40 minutes, towards the Abu Dhabi boarder on Emirates Road.  There are 4 buildings and nothing  much else.  It is passed the new Maktoum airport, which is currently for freight only.

My colleagues are very nice, the boss is a strange lady.... but it is early days.

The Drive:







I can see the buildings....





The backside - car park


The view from the office....


My little cubicle....

And in between the 4 buildings... an oasis of green, trees and water....











And the way home....sometimes you get an amazing evening sky or lots of dust and sand....
















































































My new life.....sometimes everything feels very surreal... I am still sad - miss Hisham a lot!

But life goes on and I have to do what I have to do....

Thank God for my friends and for sheisha!

Sabine, Dougal, Lionheart







No comments:

Post a Comment