Sunday 12 February 2012

My journey back to Dubai....

It is Sunday, 12 February 2012 - my journey goes onwards....and time to say goodbye for now to my lovely parents... who have been looking after me and spoiling me during my stays.  Thank You!

I have to take the ferry to Romanshorn, Switzerland across the Lake, then the train to Zurich airport and then Emirates to Dubai.


My parents drop me off at the ferry in the morning.  I leave my (actually my mom's - I borrowed it) headband and gloves here... so am back to light winter clothing...

It is Carnivale (Fashing) time and there must be a procession somewhere, because the cars and 'dressed up' people are everywhere.... even on the ferry.



A thick layer of ice all over the ferry... 

Unfortunately my mom has to disembark before the ferry leaves.....



The ferry trip as always is beautiful and relaxing... but also sad... as it is farewell for now!



We arrive in Romanshorn harbour and it is frozen.... I am just fascinated by this beautiful winter landscape.



Isn't this fascinating!


I have to wheel my 2 suitcases to the train - 10 min. walk, my hands are frozen..I have to stop a couple of times to blow at my fingers, so they won't fall off.... I had no gloves .. very bad idea to leave them behind.
 I got on the train... and my hands were hurting like hell from the cold.... I was rubbing them, blowing at them... it really hurts!  A lady on the train was telling me that she had been skiing and that she was thinking about buying heated gloves, but that they were very expensive. First I thought she was joking, but she wasnt! There is actually such a thing as heated gloves... why did nobody tell me this before?????

Train journey through Switzerland...









All goes well and the EK flight to Dubai goes smoothly... I sleep a lot and watch movies

Zurich Airport - my Emirates ride....


Every time I arrive at Dubai airport - I look for Hisham... he used to wait for me to pick me up - whenever I arrived back from my many trips - all dressed up nice, smelling good of perfume, car cleaned inside and out.....flat clean & bukhoured (incense burning).... Memories.......

It is almost midnight...I am tired... I am at the Dollar car hire office...I do all the paperwork and am being told to wait - the car will be ready soon.  I waited and waited, other people came and went with their cars - they didn't have my car ready.
So after some time, I started making a fuss... only to be told, that the car would be here soon.  Then after 1hour I lost it of course.... I demanded to speak to the manager! All I could think was, that poor Basma was up waiting for me...and it was getting so late... and she had to go to work the next morning.
Finally after some screaming and shouting, I got my car - supposedly an upgrade:  It had manual outside mirrors, manual key, no petrol in the tank.  And when I got to Basma's place I couldn't figure out how to open the boot... no key, no button....Arrrggghhh....

Welcome back to Dubai!

Poor Basma had fallen asleep on the sofa while waiting for me.  At least I can sleep in tomorrow!

Good Night.

S & D & L




No comments:

Post a Comment