Sunday 26 February 2012

Dubai: week 2

It is 'health & fitness week' at the Oasis Shopping Mall.  There are two fitness studios offering free classes.  And.... as I have nothing much else to do....  I am trying out a few classes.  I went to a chakra cleansing class, yoga , zumba (had done my back in and couldn't move much... but my friend Basma, who came along, had fun!); and a body balance class.  All good fun...  The days where there wasn't a class I went for walks on the beach.









A little bit of Arabica for the tourists....



Skydiving...  it's very interesting to watch, they come down sidewise very very fast...and then somehow land safe....









Other than that, I am job hunting -it's mainly all happening online...and spreading the word amongst my friends here.... we will see what happens.  If I am meant to stay, then it will happen.

Most evenings I spend with Basma and sometimes Gabija joins us for sheisha...so nice and relaxing, sitting outdoors, smoking sheisha and chatting....

JBR walk is busy as always with an array of people from all walks of life and nationalities... very interesting.

Flash cars....

Alternative transport mode for lazy people...



Friday, friends of Walid & Basma's are visiting from Lebanon and we all had  breakfast at home - a true feast Basma style.... after which we all go down to the beach with the children .... it's a nice day and lots of fun.  They have a cayak, and the kids love it!  Us ladies, we sit at the beach watching, we decided the water is too cold yet for us to go in.... I know....










Saturday, it's time to swop cars again.... me and my hire cars... I don't know.  Did my walk from Dubai Marina to Internet City again and then decided to have coffee at Tim Horton's at JBR....

And.. we are having a sandstorm - windy and can't see anything.





Dubai: UAE residents were forced to stay indoors on Friday as strong winds kicked up sandstorms, reduced visibility and made the sea rough.
The weather will continue to be overcast on Saturday and is expected to change only by Monday when it will be partly cloudy and cooler, according to the weather bureau.
“The weather is changing,” said a forecaster as the temperature starts to climb, slowly leading up to summer. The maximum will hover around 34 degree Celsius and night time temperature around 22 degree Celsius.                          


In the evening I catch up with Jane and her mom Wendy for a quick dinner.  Haven't seen them in many many many years.... Friends from way back when....

Until next week...

Sabine / Dougal / Lionheart


No comments:

Post a Comment