Sunday 4 March 2012

Dubai: Week 3

I do a few more fitness classes this week and walks on the beach and around the Marina - have to keep fit!  Especially while I have nothing much else to do....

I do a bit of shopping, going back to my old haunt - the Meena Bazaar - where my watchmaker is.  He still remembers me, which is nice after all this time.  I also manage to finally go back to my hairdresser.  Have to go to interviews and can't show my grey hair... have to look young, dynamic and beautiful....

Basma and I are going to the Global Village, which was extended by 1 month - lucky me... more shopping.  Basma needs a few things for her flat and I am just looking.  Yeah right, as if that is possible.  We buy some nice Egyptian dresses, leggings,  another handbag, which I need like a hole in the head... a lady can never have enough handbags!  We drink our chai karak (Indian speciality) and eat legimate (a bit like doughnuts) from the local ladies who cook them fresh.  Memories come flashing back.... me and Hisham...doing the same thing!

I had some disturbing news from home... my dad passed out and fell and hurt himself... so I call my mom to check what happened.  He is fine, going for full check-ups - Inshallah he will be ok! They find something wrong with his heart and he has to go for an operation.  I will pray for him!

Of course I have my sheisha evenings!  This is a must!  So enjoyable.....

And on Thursday I move into my flat.  My friend Janine owns two investment flats and rents them out in the Discovery Gardens, at the far end of Dubai towards Abu Dhabi, next to Ibn Battuta Mall.  This one has become available - it is fully furnished, comes with all amenities and a Cleaner!  This is the best.  The flat is a studio flat - very nice and spacious and has everything I need.  It is very strange though to be on my own again.... after almost 1 year of living with people....  I had a good cry!  and then went for sheisha with Basma.

I pack my few belongings and move it into my new home.... so strange....this is it... I am staying.  All I need now is a job so I can pay my bills.














My new home....
Friday, I woke up sick with the flu.... Basma insists I move back with them until I am better.  She is so very sweet - what a good friend!  She gives me medicine and food and I stay at their place until Saturday night.

I feel a bit better and stay Saturday night at my place. The cleaner comes on Sunday morning, and I want to be there to instruct her what to do.  I start a big spring clean... she is a nice Philipina and we clean together, move everything, empty everything.... until I am happy everything is very clean.

It's full moon... view from my window....


Now I have to do my own food-shopping again.... not into cooking yet....So I go back to Basma's for lunch.  And then off to the Global Village again - Basma needs more things....

The job agency informs me that I'll have an interview next Tuesday - hope it works out.

Well...here I am back in Dubai.... will see how things work out!

S & D & L

No comments:

Post a Comment