Friday 16 September 2011

Ethiopiques

In the States people are big on coupon shopping...they collect coupons and end up paying little or even getting money back when shopping.  There is even a show called 'extreme couponing'.... I don't quite understand how the shops can make money on this, but it works for the shoppers.... so who am I to question this art?!

Now in Canada, they do have coupons, but it is not as extreme as in the States.  And.... as I have a lot of time on my hands, I found some websites where you can get 'deals' with coupons, as well as coupons from tourist brochures.... hero...

Hence we had a night out at a very nice Ethiopian restaurant: Ethiopiques.....  The food was soooo good, and reminded me of my time in Dubai, when Hisham used to take me to the little Ethiopian coffeeshops tugged away in the old part of town, where they have the traditional tables and decor, the waitresses sit with you and serve you, and I usually smoked my sheisha after dinner.  Unfortunately, there was no sheisha at this restaurant....

We had a typical Ethiopian dish of tips = meats cut in very small pieces, with vegetables and injera = the local flat bread (similar to the Sudanese kisra).  After dinner we had the traditional coffee ceremony with bukhur = insence burning - coffee is freshly ground and served with popcorn.

All in all a very enjoyable and nostalgic evening out (and cheap - thanks to the coupons!).












































S & D

No comments:

Post a Comment