Monday 5 September 2011

Settling into life in Toronto....

I am settling in well. Life in Toronto is not so much different from life in Sydney.  It is nice to stay in one place for a length of time, as this gives me a chance to really experience the place and people - not just as a tourist - but truly as a guest! 

I got my routine of lazying about in the mornings (rarely get going before 12pm), going for my walks along Finch Corridor (1 hour), once I managed to go for a swim in the local public pool (me and the 'oldies'), or I venture into town for some exploration before meeting up with Huda & Sarah in the evenings (who give me a lift home).








As I am also the dedicated 'maid' in every household I am welcome to reside, I fill and empty the dishwasher (am very experienced at that - did this in Sydney, Dubai and Aiken too... I come with excellent references!!!)  I help spring clean, am especially good at vacuuming, do my own laundry and occationally cook the family meal. All in all, I am a useful to have around!!! However, I don't do lawn mowing and I do insist on my weekends off!!

Host family at work....




The other nice thing is that I get to meet and know some of Huda & Sarah's friends.  As with my friends, back in Sydney, Huda & Sarah catch up with theirs for meals.  We've been to a very nice modern Indian restaurant with their Syrian-Canadian friends, for a delicious Malaysian meal with neighbour and friend Joy and her daughter, and to a Middle Eastern restaurant with Bettie & Chris, Joy & husband, and some of their children and grandchildren...

Indian Restaurant:

Middle Eastern Restaurant...






LG = life is good!

S & D

PS: Now you can understand why I don't have time to do my blog and am always behind!!!  Too busy doing nothing and having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment