Thursday 13 October 2011

Back in Aiken

I thought I escaped the cold weather... but it has now been raining since I arrived 3 days ago....But not to worry, I am happy just to chill in the house.

Michael arrived back from his holiday on Monday afternoon, he was tired too!   We went out to 'Four Guys' - great hamburger place = healthy hamburgers - anyway they were yummie!!!!

I pass my first week back with walking (when the sun is out), blogging, watching TV and cooking. Nice and leisurely. 

On Thursday, Michael gets home early from work and we venture out to Aiken State Park.  It is a nice quiet park, where people go canoeing. Michael had never been to the Park - again the tourists have to show the locals whats there....

We passed quite a lot of cotton fields...I hadn't realized that they grew cotton here - thought it was only in Georgia... you learn....


















On the way home we see dark clowds gathering, and suddenly we pass through a curtain of buckets of rain - and it got windy and stormy - absolutely amazing!  The traffic lights, which just hang off wires here blew dangerously in the storm.  Never seen anything like it.  Aparently this is normal here...


S & D

No comments:

Post a Comment