Saturday 29 October 2011

Long way back to Dubai....

Aiken, SC - Charlotte, NC - New York, JFK - Dubai, UAE

The plane is full - a few babys and kids around.... one of which does not stop crying for almost the entire flight - I did feel sorry for the mother but could have murdered the child!!! Oh well....

I slept for most of the flight (14 hours flight) and watched some movies - don't ask me what movie - I don't remember... It was a bit of a bumpy ride, but we made it back to Dubai in one piece! All I could think was: only God can help us if something happens, nothing I can do.... oh well!  and I slept....

With the time difference and the long travel - I lost one day.  I started early Friday morning and arrived in Dubai on Saturday night around 8.oo p.m.  Meaning, I've been travelling for 2 days.... am definately getting too old for this!

I had a car hire booked - this time I didn't have a fit about any fees - I was calm.  I got a nice new Mitsubishi!  I called my friend Rima - had to tell somebody that I'd arrived!  It was nice talking to her.  But for the first week I will stay with my friend Basma and her family.  She is on business in Iran, but her Rohati, her maid stayed up to greet me and look after me.  How wonderful- service!

I am very tired and happy to be able to go to bed.  Basma's boys have kindly given me their room - they are clever - they now sleep in the play room with the playstation!

I was a bit apprehensive about spending time again in Dubai.  Some friends have left Dubai over the past 2 years, others are thinking about leaving soon.  Without friends, Dubai will not be the same - and I will have nowhere to stay! We will see.....


I need to sleep!

S & D

No comments:

Post a Comment