Sunday 30 October 2011

Ahlan Dubai

I slept in the next day and missed the boys again - last night they were already sleeping and this morning they were already at school.  I am going to take it slowly today and relax and orientate myself.

Basma arrives today in the afternoon - hurray!  We have lots to catch up on - my stories from US & Canada  - and hers from Iran and Saudi ....

The four of us, Basma, her sons Khaled and Ahmed and I go out for lunch (which would be dinner for some and supper for others.....) it is about 6pm!  Take your pick!  We have a Turkish meal - very yummie.  Afterwards, Basma takes me for my first sheisha!!!  I am in heaven!!!!  A real sheisha, good service and great company - what more can I ask for??!!

Basma and her family live in JBR - Jumeirah Beach Residences, a nice and fairly new development, right next to the beach.  A street full of restaurants, cafes, shops, weekend markets and lots of people and traffic.  It's The place to be in Dubai right now - its buzzing. 

The view from my room = million Dollar view (Basma already warned me that next time I'd have to pay for the view... hi hi... or take over the maid's room and duties...)

You can see the Palm Island and Atlantis....


The back side of the JBR development...



Down towards the Corniche...
The Corniche - beach road....


I feel like I am on a holiday already!!! I can enjoy this side of Dubai - it's away from the Old Bur Dubai where we used to live....Dubai still feels empty without Hisham.... 13 years of memories!

I am thankful Basma and her family took me in for the week!

S & D

No comments:

Post a Comment